When Noble Outfitters first contacted me about reviewing their products I was over 9 months pregnant and wasn’t doing a lot of riding at the moment. That said, Noble was fabulous and sent two products to try out anyway, offering to let me review them when I was back in the saddle.
I received the Balance Riding Tights in navy and the Ringside Pack.
First up is the Balance Riding Tights.
The past four weeks I’ve been small enough to fit into them, and fit enough to go for some rides. And let me tell you…I LOVE THEM. Reasons I love them?
- They fit me really well. I like the mid-rise, that is great for tucking shirts into, without making me feel like I’m 100 years old. The soft sock bottom hits my leg well. My inseam is about 36inches long, so for more petite riders, this may cause some issues. For me though, it is great.
- They feel like really wonderful sweatpants. They are quite stretchy, and feel good to wear in and out of the saddle. After riding I actually lounged around in my house in them because of how comfortable they felt.
- The color is really pretty. I love the navy blue and grey combo I have, and appreciate that it is true to what it looks like online. That said, I’m not sure I’d call it navy, which I typically think of as a much darker shade. I was able to wear them a few different days before feeling like they were dirty enough to wash.
- Extras. These tights have a belt loop, and look nice with a belt. I’m also loving the side pocket that is on the left thigh. My iPhone 6 fits perfectly in it, and it’s so nice to not have to scramble, or do the stand-in-the-saddle-and-rummage move when I need to get something out of my pockets. Hell, my other tights didn’t even have pockets. Another perk because equestrians need all the pockets.
- Price point. At $89.95 I love them. I’m not someone to spend lightly, so the fact that these are roughly the same price as Smartpak Pipers, I feel like they are a really quality option.
- Husband proof? I love my husband, and he was helping with laundry a few days ago. He washed those poor tights in with our t-shirts, and then dried them on high heat. Results? Nada. They look exactly like they did before, plus the fit is the same too. I probably won’t subject them to too many more drying episodes, but it’s nice to know they stand up well to abuse.
You can see the pocket in this picture if you look closely!
Now for the Ringside Backpack.
I had this around when I was preggers, and immediately stuffed it full of my various gloves, some riding clothes, drinks, snacks, and my helmet…and still felt like I could’ve put a ton more things in it. There is so much room and plenty of organization put into this bag.
Ready to roll out to the barn!
Now that I’m back in lessons, I go straight from work to the barn and the backpack is a wonderful time-saver. I pack everything in the a.m. and all my riding stuff is easy to grab and throw on my back. Plus there is several different compartments, so I have a separate ‘clean’ zipper space where I can put my dress clothes after I change from work. While it’s more pricy than many backpacks you could pick up at Target or something, the $99.95 I honestly understand. This item is a portable tack trunk, and I think the value it brings is worth it. I’m loving it and can’t wait to have it at shows.
I would definitely recommend both of these items! Pay close attention to the size chart for the tights. Usually I am a size 30, and fit easily into the size large that the chart dictated I was. I have a feeling I could squeeze into the mediums, but prefer not to quite yet after baby.
Tights in action.
Noble Outfitters offered up one of their fabulous Ringside backpacks for a giveaway too! Enter by simply commenting below, and sharing the contest on your blog or Facebook. Please don’t forget to let me know you shared, I don’t want to miss anyone! I’ll close the giveaway on March 1st at midnight.