We’ve been in the new place for a little over a month now, and I feel like overall everyone is settling in really well! Maybe my trainer thinks differently, but I’m happily oblivious over here. #ammyadult
Things I love:
- The fact that the whole barn is “easily sealed” up – we’ve been having horrible cold weather again, and this place does a nice job of keeping everything sealed up and warmer on the inside.
- The office is cute, well kept, and has a chalkboard wall.
- The office has a TV to entertain errant toddlers if need be.
- The bathroom is big enough to change your clothes in comfortably, and heated.
- The stalls seem to have really awesome “footing” including matts, shavings etc.
- Our new outdoor is right behind the barn.
- The pasture ponies (on turnout 24/7) are so much closer to the main barn, it’s a much nicer walk to retrieve them.
- The ground around the stable is well kept and even so you can pretty much ride anywhere on property.
- The arena footing is well kept and the lesson schedules don’t seem to be too crazy.
Things I don’t love yet:
- Tacking up in the aisle. I know, I’m real spoiled and used to my crossties. I’ll adapt.
- I don’t know where any of the light switches are.
- Not being able to slide between tractor and stall walls while the stalls are being cleaned. I mainly blame my belly on this one, but it is a tight fit!
Overall I’ve been so impressed with what I’ve seen, and I even dragged my daughter out there a few times and it hasn’t been a total disaster. In fact I appreciate the slightly smaller barn while trying to deal with her and horses at the same time. I cannot wait to be a more full time rider out there this summer, but until then I’m making great use of the bleachers and sitting on the big red schoolhorse.
Pictures of a few things!