Thank you to Allie for the fun content!
- What is your earliest, clearest horse memory? My little pony everything? Or that box of horse figurines with all the breeds! (anyone remember that!?) That was a gift from my great grandmother when was I was 5. I carried them everywhere. I can’t seem to find them for sale anywhere now, but they were similar to the pic below. First living horse memory would have to be a friends little grey Arabian who we used to torture with bareback rides and kisses.
- Describe the perfect summer day. It wouldn’t be “too” hot, so I could go out, ride my hunter mare who I leased in high school, who would miraculously be 9 again and we could bound over some fences (and she would squeal/buck). Then I would take the baby and the husband to a pool with a lazy river, where we could float and drink frozen cocktails (baby would not partake). Eventually we would be served Chipotle and cold stone ice cream for dessert (birthday cake remix). Open a nice bottle of white wine to end the night.
- Are you reading anything right now? Tell me about it! I don’t have anything exciting to read right now, last really good one I read was Girl on a Train. I like mystery novels.
- Do you follow a celebrity (horsey or non) that you’re embarrassed to say fascinates you? Tell me. NOW. I don’t follow much in celebrity news except for whatever I see on social media or something? I think Beezie Madden is super fascinating person but not sure I necessarily follow her?
- What is your single most biggest horsey dream or goal? Uhh…buy my next horse. Not exciting, but right now it’s where I’m at.
- If you were at Starbucks right now, what would you order? Hot vanilla creme – I do not do coffee.
- What is your biggest equine pet peeve? Biggest? Dang, that’s hard. Probably just not being taken seriously as an adult rider.
- With everything going on politically and in the media, tell me, do you follow it religiously? Tune it out? Or something in between? I went to college thinking I wanted to become a journalist. Now I’m terrified of who is actually saying the right thing versus the true things? I mostly tune it out so I don’t get ulcers.
- If you had to show your horse to a song, what would you choose? Alone by Heart….because I’m horseless.
- What are you most looking forward to this summer? Spending more time at the lake with family, floating on the boat, and drinking all the margaritas.
Follow and Like A Gift Horse here: