I really should have just made my goal for 2016 to survive life as a horseless new mom. Because then I could say HELL YES, I totally did that!
But that was not on my to do list. Here’s a quick update on the things I did, and things I failed to do in 2016.
- Get back into regular lessons: A win, I’ve been back in our program full time since February or so?
- Go on at least 3 trail rides, whether that’s at our facility or out at my hubs place: I went on 1 at home barn and 1 out at the ranch…so 2/3 complete?
- Go to a show and actually ride in it.: Bam, nailed it.
- Ribbon in said show: Pretty red and yellow ribbons for us!
- Go thru my grooming box/locker/horse crap box (currently residing in garage) and cleanse all the unnecessary things: After O left, I did go through a lot of my stuff to reorganize. I probably should make this an annual thing.
- Buy a new girth. Rolex I’m looking at you. Well-no consistent “forever” horse-no need for girth.
- Buy something sparkly and un-hunter-y because I can! Again-Rolex, you better bring me all the shopping goodness. It might be the tiniest bit of bling ever, but I heard it’s a gateway drug so I’m playing it safe. #hunter
- Try out a new discipline for fun. Maybe Jacq will take me out on the XC course? Super fail, I just ran out of time.
- Introduce baby to “her” pony, the one and only Dynomite. Cuteness overload.
- Learn how to drive a truck/trailer. Couldn’t convince anyone to let me try with theirs-I don’t blame them!
2016 was full of ups and downs, and plenty of change. But as I type this up I realize that I am so happy. I have a great horse to ride, a fantastic family, and so much to be grateful for. Thank you for reading along. Cheers to 2017 and all the fun it will bring!