…getting to know all about you! Or rather Deedee.
In the first month of my lease I’ve learned quite a bit about this little mare, and had a really good first few weeks as a pair. Like awesome actually.
Having something nice to ride, enjoy and who doesn’t give a rats about what we do everyday is great. Want to walk around the property and play in puddles. Dee says sure. Want to work on upward transitions? Dee says sure. Let’s jump today!? Dee says, which one is first?! She just does her job, and is happy about it.
Some fun facts:
- She’s still got a little too much junk in the trunk, the saddle slips badly. I had to get off twice to reset my saddle in my last lesson.
- She hates the wash stall. As a horse whose owner tormented her with roughly 1000 beauty sessions, I have no idea how this mare still hates baths. Or maybe I just answered my own question?
- Deedee is barefoot and I love it!
- Because she’s on a fat pony program she had to switch turnouts. She is not taking it well, and still screams for her friends almost 2 weeks later.
- She gives zero rats about the baby stroller or my squealing, screaming occasionally slapping infant.
- She jumps a bit like O did. Very round. So at least that part feels old hat!
- She goes around like a much, much larger horse.
- She drools ALL THE TIME. Oh my gosh. Such a mess everywhere we go….Drools.
- Thanks to an idea from her owner, she has her own hashtag. #DoubleDee. Ha!
So the first month is in the books. Cheers to month two!