1. Do you actually always pick the horse’s feet? Always? Really?
Yes, I actually do because I’m riding other people’s horses. How would it look if something happened to their precious when I was just being lazy. No more free rides for me.
2. What is the biggest obstacle/reason preventing you from becoming a professional or competing full time with ease?
Willingness to abandon my comforts. I like being able to go home after I show. I like knowing someone (not me) is watching over my horse. I like spending some days laying across my sofa like a sloth.
3. Do you think it will ever not be about the money?
Yeah not really. Horses are risk. Risk is handled by money and therefore will never go away.
4. Was there ever a horse that you loved and really wanted to have a connection with, but it just never panned out?
This question is a bit confusing. Perhaps because I’m someone who easily falls for a horse? So I often feel a connection when perhaps there isn’t that much of one?
5. What is one weakness in your riding that even your trainer doesn’t pick up on, only you?
While I love to jump, I love hard new concepts, I love bigger fences; I can actually be a huge weenie. However, I work very, very hard to not let people see that. Fake it-until you make it. I never want to miss out on something wonderful because of a moment of insecurity.
6. What is the biggest doubt/insecurity you ask or tell yourself in your head?
Pre-baby= Did I fail my horse?
Post-baby=Am I jiggling? What in the Sam Hill is that?
Always=Are my wrists broken again? (answer: YES, ALWAYS YES)
7. There is a barn fire. You are the first person to discover it and see that the roof is collapsing in slowly, and you can tell it’s going to come down any time. Do you call people first or head straight in to save the horses?
I have a lot of self-preservation, and would be the person to who calls first and then assess the situation.
8. What is one event in your riding career/horse/anything that you’re still not over, even tho you might tell others you are?
Too many things. I’m choosing to not answer and go down this road. Forward, always forward people!