Thank you Cathryn for the content idea while I am still figuring life with baby out!
1. Mares or Geldings? Why? I love a little mare power in my life.
2. Green-broke or Fully Broke? In the hunter/jumper world I will probably never have the cash to toss down for a packer type. Or if I did, I probably couldn’t stomach it. I’d rather put in a bit of my own work and save. So put me down for green broke.
3. Would you own a “hotter” breed (ie. Arabian, Trakhener, etc). Sure, why not!
4. What was your ‘dream horse’ growing up? Black and white pinto coloring.
5. What kind of bit(s) do you use and why? O goes in a plain snaffle for hacking, and a mullen mouth pelham for jumping.
6. Helmets or no helmets? Helmets.
7. Favorite Horse color? I’m a sucker for bays with dapples, or a really nice liver chestnut.
8. Least favorite horse color? I probably wouldn’t want the maintenance of a grey horse who lives outside, so we’ll go with grey.
9. Dressage or Jumping? Jumping.
10. How many years have you been riding? 15? Dear god.
11. Spurs/whip or no spurs/whip? Spurs. I see a lot of value in whips, but honestly feel more useful with spurs for some reason.
12. Your First Fall? Oh gosh, this actually took me a bit to remember. I think I was 12? I totally failed at cantering and pretty much ran my school horse into a wall. So he stopped…I didn’t. Crash mode.
13. When was the last time you rode and what did you do? I rode a friends horse, and we had an awesome lesson working on lateral work, and pace.
14. Most expensive piece of tack you own? My saddle. That sucker was pricy.
15. How old were you when you started riding? 11.
16. Leather or Nylon halters? Both? I love the sharp look of leather, but nylon is way more day-to-day usable.
17. Leather or Synthetic Saddle? Leather please!
18. What ‘grip’ of reins do you like? Laced reins.
19. English or Western? English, although I do love my western saddle.
20. How many horses do you currently own/lease? The one is plenty enough for me.
21. Do you board your horse? Self-care/full board? Home board? I board O, and she lives outside 24/7 which works great for her.
22. Have you ever had to put down a horse that you loved? No.
23. How many saddlepads do you have? Umm, maybe 5 or so? I tend to lose them and/or leave them places so they kind of rotate back to me over time.
24. Slant-load trailer or straight haul? Sorry I don’t have a trailer, and I’m actually really okay with that for now.
25. Why do you ride? At this point in my life, it’s as much a part of my identity as anything else in my world. The love for the animals and the sport is something I never see going away! It’s a passion.