Kudos to Breeches and Boat Shoes for converting this into a written Blog Hop, it’s a subject I can actually get into right now, Plus I can’t wait to spoil the pony when she gets back!
- I was really using and loving Sore No More earlier this spring before O left for the ranch. I love that she chomps/chews when I put it on her. Plus it smells great!
- Dawn antibacterial soap for funky stuff on white legs.
- Desitin- I legitimately put it on my baby registry and thought “Oh! I could use this on O or the baby!” I love it because she lives outside and that stuff keeps on keeping on. It’s a bugger to get off if you need to (ie horse show or something), but it really helps dry fungus up.
- Do peppermints count?
- Her Rambo/Rhino blanket set up! I’m guessing of course, but she’s one that will stand completely still and wait for me to buckle her in, whereever, whenever I need to. Oh and she’s totally pitiful when cold/wet and unblanketed.
What was the best equestrian-related gift you were ever given, and why does it mean so much to you?
- My devoucoux saddle. My mom bought it for me without telling my Dad. When he found out it became my Birthday/Christmas/Valentines Day-never-ask-for-another-gift-item. Totally worth it.
If you had the ability to create any product or anything to make your time at the barn better, – no matter how ridiculous or against-the-laws-of-physics it might be – what would that be?
- I would love a magical zipline or horse catcher, that would find my dark bay mare in the dark winter evenings, and bring her in to me in our toasty warm stable. For whatever reason, I think she knows that the back corner of the dark field is the best place to hang out during the cold season. It ends up taking me 10-15 minutes to find her half the time, then we have to walk back too.
- On a similar note, maybe I need to get some lights on her blankets that I can ‘flash’ in the dark. Like when you can’t find your car in a parking lot? That would help too.