Sitting here over 8 months pregnant, I’m trying to stay on the brighter side of things regarding my recent absences from riding. This list took me forever to figure out, which I consider a good thing.
But not missing…..
- Spastic midwestern weather. Seriously it has been 96 degrees one day, 60 and pouring rain the next. At least I don’t have to stress about arranging my rides around the crazy weather.
- My tack can all come inside and be safe from mold, outdoors, or whatever the fall brings. I’m planning a cleaning to put all before it to shame. Then they will be neatly packed away until O comes back later this fall.
- Business/personal/family time commitment breakdown. While I miss riding, it’s been really easy to lavish attention on my family, my career, friends, and prepping for the baby right now.
- My car is really clean!
- I haven’t seen a vet bill since June.
Material is slow around here. This idea/topic was stolen from L at VivaCarlos:
Four jobs I’ve had:
2. Working Student
3. Advertising Consultant
Four movies I’ve watched more than once:
1. The Last Unicorn
2. Any Harry Potter Movie
3. Homeward Bound
Four places I’ve lived:
2. College dorm
3. Sorority house
4. Best roommate/sorority out-of-house ever!
Four places I’ve visited: (with the past 2 years)
2. Dominican Republic
3. Boonies of TX/OK
4. Palm Springs
Four places I’d rather be right now:
3. On my horse
4. On any horse
Four things I prefer not to eat:
1. Cooked carrots
Four of my favorite foods:
1. Grannys (literally my granny) or my mother’s fried chicken
3. A nice steak
4. German spritz cookies
Four TV shows I watch:
1. Criminal Minds
2. House MD (rewatching)
4. Anything on the Food Network, favorite would be Chopped
Four things I’m looking forward to this year:
2. Christmas with Baby
3. O coming back home
4. Wearing my favorite jeans again
Need this cute face back in my life.
Four things I’m always saying:
1. It’s all good
2. Hold the phone
3. Say what?
4. People suck
NHW asks us to talk about a challenge we’ve set for ourselves and accomplished, or set ourselves a new challenge.
I feel like I may be cheating, but I’m setting up 2016, as the year of challenges. Not exactly on purpose, but there will be plenty to choose from. Here are some of my heavy hitters:
- Bring O back to KC, and get her back into a program that works for us.
- Recover from having a baby.
- Make it to at least one horse show between Jan.-May 2016.
More horse shows please.
It’s going to be a bumpy ride I think, as the 2nd challenge will directly (and dramatically) affect the 1st, 3rd. Realistically though I think it’s really good to line things out, so no matter how crazy they get, I can fall back on these. Thanks for the hop and writing material No Hour Wasted!
Join the hop and you might win one of Beka’s fantastic bracelets!
This weekend was awesome, full of friends, family, sporting events, and finally, a whole morning to hang out with my favorite bay mare.
While she is pretty sunbleached, everything else about her screams healthy, happy pony. Especially since they’ve broken down the herd a bit and she now only goes out with her favorite little grey pony and her slightly smaller bay mare buddy. Same one I rode in the family’s big trail ride.
Anyway, I have to admit that having her pay attention to me, and come over for cuddles pretty much made my week. I mean, look how cute she was! Excuse the grey pony photobomb–they are besties.
This mare makes me so happy!
We had to get our selfie on.
While the family says she’s been a great visitor, I am so, so excited to get her back. I know that it’s going to be a lot juggling, and probably plenty of stress with an infant, and a mare coming back into work. But I guess for the time being I’m going with the ‘jump into the deep end’ part of things. November is going to be a wild month!
Her version of kisses goodbye.
Horse meets bump!