This idea is stolen from Beka!
1. Best horse memory: Probably this summer, cruising around our first 2’6” classes like we knew what we were doing. Accumulation of so much work, plus the blue ribbons were a nice bonus.
2. Worst horse memory: The day the vet told us O might not ever be totally sound for work. TIED WITH the day my leased hunter mare fell in our lesson and we discovered a nasty bone chip. I felt like I had broken both of them–worst feeling.
3. First horse memory: They kind of blur together, but my very first show when my appy lesson mare refused move forwards and I got stuck in a corner for a bit.
4. Last horse memory: Getting cookie mugged when I turned O out yesterday.
5. Most memorable horse story: This one is really hard to pick, I’m going to go with my first trail ride with my husbands family. They do a huge group trail ride with all their clients, family, friends and it was about 6 months after we started dating. I tossed my english saddle on the hub’s fiery chestnut mare thinking I was a total badass, there wasn’t anything I couldn’t handle. That day I learned how incredibly reactive and fast ranch horses are. I had her so fired up by lunch that I got off and switched horses. Respect the power of those ranch ponies…and never piss off a redheaded mare. Since then I usually play western rider that day and let the hubs handle his spicy little horse.