What other activities, hobbies, or sports do you do outside of riding?
To be honest I’m a bit of a sports junkie.
1. Sand Volleyball and Court Volleyball: I mean in what other sport would my monkey arms and overall lankiness appreciated!? Maybe basketball, but I’m awful at that. My husband and I play sand volleyball in the warm months, and indoor court volleyball in the cold ones, and it’s a blast. I played quite a bit growing up, but later gave it up in high school for my equestrian pursuits. Very glad to have picked it back up after school.
1.b. My husband plays soccer, cycles and runs, so I end up dabbling in those areas as well, even if I’m the worst soccer player known to mankind.
2. Cook: I love to cook, I especially love to cook for family-specifically my father as he makes the most grateful ‘nom nom nom’ noises I’ve ever heard. You’d think he was starving. I tend to play in the grey area between comfort and healthy, as I must keep thy ass from getting any larger, though I can’t sacrifice everything! Current favorite thing I made (for baby shower) grilled cheese with bacon jam. Hellllllo! (recipe here)
2.b. Host: Who doesn’t love a good party? I am the one who volunteers to host parties and events among our friends and family.
3. Sewing: My mother is an accomplished seamstress, and I grew up sewing. While I just dabble in it, it really is something I enjoy and try to spend sometime feeling creative!
4. Workout: Because I like food, and I like to not be 400lbs. I workout 4-5 times a week, focus on cardio with some strength training thrown in. I’m really boring honestly, and don’t do any fun classes or whatnot. But it works and I like being fit.
5. Drink margaritas, wine and watch boatloads of netflix and ESPN. Because that in itself should be a hobby.