Since I’m currently stuck on the ground, I thought it would be really fun to think back to some of the cool things I have had the chance to do in my time riding and being around horses. So in light of my current lameness…here are 20 things I have done!
1. I have ridden/trained western, I actually started out lessons at a western stable.
2. I have shown in both western and English.
3. I have jumped up to 3’6”
4. I have ridden 4 horses in a day, back to back.
5. I have helped run a horse camp for kids.
6. I have ridden bareback (walk, trot, canter)
7. I have seen a newborn foal.
8. I have helped break a 3 year old (only from the ground though)
9. I have rehabilitated numerous horses from all types of injuries.
10. I have worked for my ex-trainer as an exercise rider/working student
11. I have schooled a 13hh pony at a show and over jumps….with my 36inch long legs (I rode jockey style so the irons didn’t hit the jumps)
12. I have gone to a show and won every class in my division.
12.b And was able to be reunited with the same mare 6 years later.
13. I have won year end awards.
14. I have leased two fantastic horses, and owned two others.
15. I have owned and rehabbed a rescue horse (pictured above).
16. I have galloped across miles of land chasing cattle.
17. I have helped/volunteered with a developmentally disabled riding organization.
18. I came back to riding after a 1.5 year old break after college graduation (I had no money!)
19. I bought my own horse-with my own money, and supported her.
20. I have dated and married a horseman.