16. What’s a moment with horses you wished you caught on camera?
I wish I had more photos of shows and such when I was younger! Also, I’d be interested in seeing my falls (I’d want to learn from them)!
17. How old was the youngest horse you’ve met?
One day old. We had a lovely broodmare at one of my hunter/jumper barns and she had the prettiest babies. We met hubby’s baby horse when he was a week old or so. These pictures were taken later, but he’s freaking adorable.
18. Hold old was the oldest horse you’ve met?
I’ve met some dinosaurs, but couldn’t tell you their exact age. Well over 30.
19. Opinion on colorful tack?
I like colorful baby pads, saddle pads and the occasional polo wrap. That’s about as far as I go though, and never at shows. I’m boring.
20. Have you ever tried horse treats? Hay?
Only ones I’ve made myself. I didn’t like them!
21. Have you ever felt like giving up on a horse?
I have. This past year O had quite literally been the most frustrating part of my life. Her mysterious lameness and the inability to diagnose her led to lots of “big” comments. AKA….she’ll never do what you want, maybe you should retire her, have you considered selling her etc. Thank god for amazing chiropractic work!
22. Tell the story of the first horse that you first felt “click” with you immediately.
Hell hath no fury like a chestnut mare. And she was hell on four legs. Mean attitude, tendency to kick out and buck, and no one else liked her. I was in love within 5 minutes of being on her. She was fiery, beautiful and put her whole heart into everything. After months of careful love (she also bit), she finally started coming around. We were awesome together for years.
23. Ever ridden side-saddle? How was it?
Please no. I am not what you would want to call graceful, or really all the balanced.
24. Most interesting place you’ve ridden?
The ranch where my in-laws live. It’s gorgeous and I can never get enough of it.
25. What kind of horse do you like? (draft, sport, stock, endurance, etc)
I’m a sucker for sport horses, but always say I’d love a feathery draft to play with.
Specifically this draft. She’s gorgeous and belongs to my in-laws.
26. Do you feel like you have more patience with horses than people?
Probably horses, I tend to be a cynic sometimes with people.
27. Is the horse you ride very vocal?
28. Ever ridden in the sunset?
Yes, I work until 5 which means lots of sunset rides for me.
29. How do you like a horse’s mane (roached, pulled, long, etc)
I think sport horses look great with the pulled mane. HOWEVER, I drool over all those gorgeous manes at reining shows and QH events. My hair isn’t that pretty, let alone O’s.
30. What is your dream name for a horse?
Keeping that to myself. 🙂
Finally got to go see O today! I just lunged her to see how she was moving. She was stiff, but seeing as she’s been standing in wet snow and ice for a week. Hopefully it’ll get better as if supposed to be decent (high 30’s-40’s) and we’ll get to do some real work.