As a proud owner of a former racehorse (a horrible one at that) I found myself cheering even louder for 2013’s field of 9 ex-racehorses in the Kentucky Rolex 3-Day! These horses are not only powerhouses in Eventing, but lived a whole other career as young’uns. It inspires me to keep working with my own off the track horse, and encourage others to recognize the possibilities with these horses . A short list of the 2013 Rolex ex-racehorse competitors, and how they placed follows…
- Donner, ridden by Lynn Symansky to 5th place!
- Pirate, ridden by Meghan O’Donoghue to 12th place!
- Parker, ridden by James Alliston to 14th place!
- Sal Dali, ridden by Beth Perkins to 26th place!
- Irish Diamonds, ridden by Micheline Jordan to 29th place!
- Tsunami III, ridden by Sarah Cousins-withdrawn before XC
- Exponential, ridden by Jessica Phoenix-withdrawn before XC
- Our Questionnaire, ridden by Heather Gillette-eliminated on XC
- Can’t Fire Me, ridden by Becky Holder-eliminated on XC
Peronally Parker was a favorite to watch!
Being there was one of the best experiences of my horse related life, and I really hope to go back soon! Anyone else ever been to the Rolex 3-Day? Or have a favorite competitor?
By far my favorite booth was the New Vocations booth. It’s amazing what they do to help connect riders and ex-racehorses who need each other. Check them out here: http://www.horseadoption.com/